Position name: Knowledge Management Officer, BDEV3
Position N°: 50102222/ 50102223
Book date: 02-Jul-2020
Closing date: 01-Aug-2020
Duty place: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Organization, advertising financial development and social progress throughout the continent. You will find 81 user states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member nations). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the monetary and tech support team for transformative tasks that may dramatically reduce poverty through comprehensive and sustainable growth that is economic. To be able to sharply concentrate the objectives for the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and guarantee greater impact that is developmental five major areas (High 5s), tending to speed up our delivery for Africa, have now been identified for scaling up, specifically light and energy Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and increase the well being for anyone of Africa.
The Board of Directors provides oversight and direction that is strategic the African developing Bank Group. It really is made up of Executive Directors who will be representatives associated with African developing Bank user nations. Especially the Board accounts for the conduct associated with the basic operations regarding the Bank, and carries down the next functions: (1) determine the typical framework of this Bank’s solutions; (2) accept the financing policy and simply take choices concerning loans, guarantees, equity opportunities and investment loans because of the lender; (3) determine the attention prices of loans and guarantee commissions; (4) approve the Bank’s operations system and administrative budget; (5) prepare the task for the Board of Governors; and (6) submit reports and yearly reports, plus the administrative spending plans when it comes to approval associated with Board of Governors. The Board does its sort out a few permanent Committees that discuss and review policy and system documents and work out appropriate guidelines to your entire Board. The Independent Development Evaluation (BDEV); Compliance Review and Mediation device (BCRM); Secretariat towards the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR) are accountable to the Board.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The overarching objective associated with African Development Bank’s Independent developing Evaluation (BDEV) would be to boost the development effectiveness associated with Bank in its local user nations through separate and influential evaluations, oversight over self-evaluation procedures and products, and engagement that is proactive assessment partnerships and knowledge-sharing activities. The core mandate of BDEV is always to conduct evaluation that is independent, offer appropriate classes, develop and harmonize requirements and techniques, help assessment capability development as well as partner agencies and attest to your credibility of both processes and also the results of African developing Bank’s self-evaluation tasks. BDEV additionally collaborates and exchanges information with bilateral and development that is multilateral’ evaluation departments, and undertakes joint assessment of co-financed tasks and programs.
BDEV has three divisions; BDEV1, BDEV2 and BDEV3. BDEV1 and BDEV2 divisions concentrate on undertaking evaluations. BDEV3, the information Management, Outreach, and ability developing Division, accounts for knowledge management, dissemination and activities that are outreach IDEV evaluations, as well as for giving support to the growth of assessment capabilities in both the financial institution plus in its Regional Member nations.
The key objective of this Knowledge Management Officer place would be to offer support to assessment groups in fostering engagement with stakeholders through the entire assessment procedure, as well as on retrieving, compiling and presenting knowledge that is evaluative means being helpful for fulfilling different knowledge requirements.
Duties and obligations
Underneath the guidance and guidance associated with the Division Manager BDEV3 the Evaluation Officer will:
- Work closely aided by the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and assessment groups regarding the utilization of IDEV stakeholder engagement techniques;
- Work closely with assessment task supervisors and groups through the evaluation process to aid the retrieval, compilation and sharing of real information in means which can be tuned in to consumers needs that are’
- Identify relevant sourced elements of assessment knowledge along with other extract and information, compile, analyse and provide this to be used into the planning of assessment reports, presentations, along with other knowledge and interaction items;
- Help assessment, knowledge dissemination and management tasks (such as for instance conferences, missions, occasions) carried out by expert staff and/or professionals and participates in these activities as required;
- Identify and contact interior and sources being external other stakeholders to find needed information;
- Consolidate, categorize and keep back ground information and documents on appropriate dilemmas, developing associated databases and information systems and upgrading them properly;
- Ensure that an exact review trail is maintained of most stakeholder engagement and that all connections and activities are recorded in a stakeholder database;
- Perform other duties as may arise.
- Holds at the very least a Master’s level (or comparable) in Communications, pr, advertising, Social Sciences, Policy review, or field that is related.
- No less than four (4) years experience that is in development businesses.
- Knowledge of assessment processes
- Power to recover, package and present information according towards the requirements associated with the client/audience
- Capability to communicate effortlessly orally as well as in composing
- Experience or knowledge employed in knowledge administration or interaction
- Experience with participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge about outreach tasks.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Awareness of information.
- Demonstrable capability to work collaboratively as an expert, strong group player by having a respect for others plus the ethical demands associated with the work.
- Capability to communicate effortlessly (written and oral) in English or French, ideally having a working understanding of the other. Proficiency in both English and French will be desirable.
- Competence when you look at the usage of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, succeed, Access and Power aim); familiarity with integrated document management system and/or online interaction stations can be a added advantage.